Huwebes, Hulyo 17, 2014

What's Your Religion?

What I am about to discuss is one of the five “thou shall not open topic” in social gathering but since this not a social gathering, I will freely say what is in my mind regarding this topic: RELIGION  

When someone starts talking about religion, there are two other words that will follow suit: faith and belief.  You can never fully discuss one without touching the other two.  They are like joined triplets, when one is mentioned the other two are right beside it; which is why a heated discussion will come about when this topic is raised, with or without set conditions prior to the discussion.

Before I continue, let me define first those three (3) words so that it would serve as a guide to all.
re·li·gion
  [ri-lij-uhhttp://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pnghttp://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn]  Show IPA
noun
1.  set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose ofthe universe, especially when 
     considered as the creation of asuperhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and
     ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governingthe conduct of human affairs.
2.  a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generallyagreed upon by a number of persons 
     or sects: the Christianreligion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs andpractices: a world council of religions.
                                                                                                                                      -dictionary.reference.com

-      the belief in a god or in a group of gods
-      an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods
-      an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group
                                                                                    -merriam-webster.com

- The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
                                                                                                                                  -oxford dictionary.com
faith
 noun \ˈfāth\
: strong belief or trust in someone or something
: belief in the existence of God : strong religious feelings or beliefs
: a system of religious beliefs                                                                                                                                 -                           
                                                                                            -merriam-webster.com
  
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, orthing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
                                                                                                                  -the free dictionary by Farlex
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
                                                                                                            oxford dictionary.com
      -
Belief
Assumptions and convictions that are held to be true, by an individual or a group, regarding concepts, events, people, and things.
                                                                                                                             -business dictionary.com
·                             *                           *
To give you my dear followers/readers a clue to my religious background, I was born and baptized under the Roman Catholic Church.  Both of my parents are devout Catholics. I know my Angelus, Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be.  I know my holy days and the practices that go with it.  I even studied in a Catholic school run by monks during my high school and college years.  Am I a full Roman Catholic at heart?  The answer is No.

At age  12, I started having questions unanswered.  Questions brought about with my budding gifts.  Gifts that is unexplained and unspoken by the Church.  In history, if someone manifests these types of talents, they are to be hanged, drowned or burned alive.  At that age, what I thought were simple dreams and a figment of the imagination, were a reality.  I turned to science and got a name for my situation.  I was a psychic in the making.  Yes, a person capable of using his mind beyond that of the regular person.  I could not move things but I can read emotional marks on things and say the story behind it. 

That was then.  I grew in power and capabilities and I can do more now. In the course of growing my gifts, I turned to books of the arcane/new age, history and mythology.  The church won’t give any answers.  Any such talents/gifts are shunned upon and tagged as demonic.  But in my course of study I learned that all things have balance; a Yin and a Yang, Heaven and Earth, angels and demons.


If you would look into all the things around you, you would see that there is balance in it.  Creation and destruction, life and death, male aspect and female aspect, light and darkness; all things in balance.  You can never experience one without the other.  In Taoism, balance is achieved when all is in harmony.  When earth-wood-fire-metal-water all works together.  In western mysticism, you will have North = Earth, East = Air, South = Fire, West = Water and in the center is the Spirit; all working in harmony.  This would show balance if all is in harmony.  For me, balance is another manner.


I learned that balance in its purest form has the raw beauty seen in nature when they go in their cycle in life. I am talking of the beauty captured by some photographers when their subject is that of a storm.  That raw and dangerous power! This is what I believe in.  True balance is achieved when you found the balance in two conflicting element.  Making them work together.  None is greater than the other.  All in equal.  All in balance.  It is hard but it is the ultimate balance.
Do I believe in God? Yes!  Do I believe in other supernatural beings? Yes!  Are elementals real? Yes!  

Regardless of what religion one person is in, bottom line, you have a concept of God in your life.  Call Him in whatever name that you have known Him to have, it DOESN’T matter!  What is important is you know HIM and believe in HIM.

That who goes to another religion to seek for answers is but normal.  It only means that they are looking for answers in life and I respect that.  I hope people who get to find their answers will know how to respect the belief of others too.  It is ok if you preach about your experience but DON’T project that the group that you are into is the greatest.  ALL RELIGIONS ARE EQUAL!  There is only a difference in the number of followers.  The size of the group doesn’t mean that the group is great.  It only means that they were able to answer the questions that you had in your life!  I’ve been there!  I fortunately met a charismatic group that is open to me having gifts and the fact that I am gay!

My religion is Roman Catholic.  My faith is with the Supreme God and all that works under him.  My belief, we are in this world along with other beings we don’t physically see at time but get to interact always.  Am I a practicing Catholic? If we are talking about practices and such, then my answer is no.  Am I heretic or even pagan? If we are talking of me believing about things outside of the church then my answer is yes.


I follow the golden rule: “Do unto others what you want others to do unto you”.  I respect those that I don’t normally see with the naked eye but with my mind’s eye.  I practice balance in my own way that is a mixture of east, west, old and new.  I keep an open-mind but hold on to what I believe on and what I see is right.  My faith is with the FATHER of us all and a MOTHER who gives all.



That is my belief. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento