Sabado, Hulyo 19, 2014

Coffee Con at Eastwood Mall, My DOTD!

As a coffee drinker and lover myself, being invited to attend the 1st Coffee Convention by Megaworld Lifestyle Mall at the Eastwood Mall was a treat indeed!


Es la experiencia muy agradable!

This was a two-site event that took place at the Eastwood Mall and the Venetian Place in McKinley Hills, Taguig City.  The whole week was filled with various activities and vendors that share their love for coffee.  I myself was excited when I found various coffee vendors that support homegrown coffee growers.  I was at the Eastwood Mall event.

This was one event that made me drink and taste 5 different types and 7 cups of coffee in the span of 2 hours!  Talk about my love for this smooth, silky creation given by God to mankind.

Let me give highlights to some of the offerings that day.

The Philippine Barista and Coffee Academy demonstrated how coffee should be prepared and be visually enjoyed.  When they need a volunteer to enjoy the coffee after presentation, I immediately raised my hand.  It's coffee! It's free too!  Because of this, I was in the spotlight for a few minutes because I got asked on my take of the coffee that I was enjoying.  My 1st cup.  Their office is in San Juan City.





Raw cevit beans


18 Days is one company that offers cevit coffee at a reasonable price.  To those who is not aware what cevit coffee is, it is the most expensive coffe there is for it is what is also known as alamid coffee.  Their office is based in Las Pinas City and a prime supporter and educator for homegrown coffee beans.  Why 18 days?  They believe and encourage people to consume their freshly ground coffee beans within 18 days to have that real coffee flavor.  Not much of a coffee drinker but wishes to try their offerings? No problem.  You can have their offerings in small amounts too.  You can reach them through their number +632 836 02 16 and/or through online at botecentral09@gmail.com or www.botecentral.net.  They do deliver too!  With them, I smelled the difference between their barako and civet.  From them I got my 2nd, 3rd and 4th cup.

Silca Coffee is another stall offering homegrown  coffee beans.  Based in Cavite, they have created coffee mixtures suited for the different personalitites of coffee lovers.  Would one type be enough?  Could be or you could get all their offerings and decide which would be your personal favorite.  Their coffee brand, Kickstart Coffee!  When they need another volunteer to take their challenge, I immediately raised my hand.  This is coffee!  Smelling the bean is way different from the actual brew!  You need to fully trust your nose in this test.  Their challenge, name all three brew right and you get a prize.  I got one right only.  Still, I won a prize!  A bag of their barako blend.  You can reach them through online: www.silcacoffee.com and/or www.mykickstartcoffee.com.  You could also get their blends at  leading supermarkets such as Rustan's.  My 5th, 6th and 7th cup.

Palmer and Bennet gives you a taste of coffee from Asia; namely Vietnam.  Their coffee line; Hello 5 Coffee.  Its coffee blend creation based on the element that you are born with.  Following the elemental rule of Taoism, they have a blend for those born in the wood, fire, water, earth and metal element.  They presented their brew in the standard Vietnam way, with condensed milk.  Did I try their drink?  Even if I would like to, it would be a killer to my system.  I already have 7 cups of pure blends in less than 2 hours.  They also have chocolates for those choco-lovers named Marou Bars.

If you are a coffee lover that wishes to learn and know more about it, then you have The Coffee Academy and Philippine Barista and Coffee Academy. They both offer classes that you can enroll in, depending on your schedule and like.  The difference, The Coffee Academy is connected with Cravingsi and The Coffee Beanery.  They are a group of company that offers pastries (Cravings), coffee brew at its best (The Coffee Beanery) and coffee preparation classes tied with an Australian company for successful trainess for their OJT (The Coffee Academy).  Its a company that gives a complete package for those coffe enthusisast to be a coffee expert.  You can reach them through their local number: 02 426 4836, their email address: coffeeacademymanila@gmail.com or at their office in Katipunan Avenue in Quezon City.  You should try their mint cookie.  Its a wonder in scent and taste!

Vincent Francisco Navvarro and his art
After being showed around various vendors of coffee growers, coffee machine makers and perfect coffee food companion, we were introduced to Vincent Francisco Navarro.  He is a coffee lover, a strong supporter of local coffee grower and the first in his chosen medium - dried coffee granules art!  He shared his story and his love for his chosen medium in the visual art.  Part of the night's activity is the chance to do our own coffe granule art using patterns provided with us.  It was such fun!  I never even realized that rain was pouring outside the mall.
While doing coffee art













Sealling the night were prizes given out to lucky coffee con media attendees coming from Kenwood and food treats coming from The French Baker. It was an event made for coffee-lovers indeed!
(All photos used were personally taken by me during the event at Eastwood Mall)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento