Huwebes, Mayo 22, 2014

An Afternoon Side Adventure . . .Sili Burger of Tropical Hut

It was a Sunday and I need inspiration. I decided to go to Cubao and do a little book hunting.  Haven't done that for a time, so even when faced with challenges I decided to book hunt and be inspired with what I will find and acquire.

Feeling the heat and finding no book inspire me, I was already low in terms of inner positive energy.  Then I remembered, this is one area that has a Tropical Burger store.  I miss this burger line cause the one near my work area disappeared.  Is it any better from the happy bug and the farmer clown, 2 of the largest burger chain in the Philippines? The answer: not better, simply different.

If I remeber it right, this food store started in the late 80's till the early 90's.  Along with Carl's Jr, Cindy's, Wendy's and the likes, they hoped to get not just a chunk but a big piece of the burger crowd in the Philippines.  As of the moment, if memory serves me right,  the happy bug is still topping the list, followed by the farmer clown, then you have the girl (Wendy's) and somewhere in the list is Tropical Hut.  Right now, I would say that their business move is right in terms of simply being there in the ever demanding food industry.  Not expanding, more of downsizing their present store list, you would say that they are simply delaying the inevitable. But, spending on new store look is not a delaying tactic, I would say; it is actually a means to strengthen their hold in the market.

With new looks, additional burger creations, Tropical Hut means business.

Enough with history and business analysis,  I am here to share my thoughts on their new offering and that is their Sili Burger.  Again, I was feeling low and I was suddenly hit with the inspiration of eating in this burger joint because I miss one of their burgers.  What is that burger? The Rancho Burgerr! As I always say, any food with egg and cheese, especially if it is with bread goes a long way and won't go wrong.  While looking at their offerings, I noticed that new entry . . .Sili Burger.  Tagged under the category of classic, which I find strange for a new creation, I was curious to know how spicy this would be.  So ordered it.  Pegged at an affordable price of 150Php for a budget meal, I would say that it is rightly tagged at this point.  Not too expensive; simply reasonable.

10 minutes after it was ordered, a tray bearing my burger wrapped in foil, drinks and fries was brought to where I was seated.  Ok, you may say that 10 minutes is too long. True, since it is a fastfood joint but it is simply a standard waiting time; it won't take that long.

With extenders or not, which I don't care, the meat was flavored right.  The burger bears what was promised, heat.  Not too spicy but you will have that heat making its presence felt 5 seconds after making that initial bite.  You may enjoy it in what ever pace you would like to; gobble it, bite casually, it is up to you.

As a whole, it is a good mid-meal aka snack to munch on.  The only drawback, the soft spongy bread which is common to all their burgers.  2 minutes after it was served, expect the dressing to be absorbed by the bread.  It would become so soft and mushy, making you speed-up your eating pace unless you would like to eat it in pieces.  And when I say pieces, I mean a deconstructed messy sandwich burger.

Will I still eat this burger?  Yes.  :-)
Will I still eat at Tropical Hut? Yes.  Like what I have mentioned before, they are not the best but simply different.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento