Biyernes, Mayo 8, 2015

Personal Thought: OATH OF A BLOGGER

I am a blogger.
Known by many, recognized by a few.
I solemnly take this oath, to remind me
Of what a personal blogger is and
An event blogger must be.

I am a blogger.
I am what you would call
         the next generation of writers.
The next in-thing in the 21st century.
The next source of information
         since I work in the web.
The social person in the
         era of wifi and connectivity.

I am a blogger.
I write about life.
I write about food, clothes, parties, everything!
I shall tell the story the best way possible.
Without making any extreme sensationalism,
                just for the sake of hits and views.

I am a blogger.
I shall be on time on invited events even
         if others are not.
I shall write on time, even if a media kit
         is not made available.
I have a thinking mind, thus I have
         to be sure of my facts, sentences,
         tenses, SVA’s and spelling;
         regardless of what language
                   I am using.

I am a blogger.
I can magnify or minimize an event.
I have the power on my fingertips!
Thus I have to be more responsible
On how I use that power.

I am a blogger.
I shall use social media responsibly.
I am to use FB, IG, Tweeter, Tumbler and such
       to tell my story and weave interest to viewers.
I am not to malign
      and use it to retaliate against others.
Nor am I to use it to destroy
      a business or a person.
I shall be responsible of my words, for
        once it is used and delivered, one cannot
                               take it back.

I am a blogger.
I shall and must be careful of the materials
         entrusted to me.
I shall give credit where credit is due
         and not claim something that is not mine.
If a friend or colleague is the source of
        information or photo then the more
        respect shall be applied
        and given on the situation.


I am blogger.
I am not the main PR unit.
I am a possible PR arm.
I am not a journalist but
I try to be like them for they are
         the prime epitome of professional
         responsible writing and story-telling.
Traditional media is my fore-bearer.
I am social media!
Tokens given are received warmly.
It is not mandatory but highly appreciated.

I am a blogger.
I am still human.
I can still be a fan to a star
Or an idol to a follower.
I am just a level up from other people on some aspect.
It is not something to brag about.
It is something to be humble of because
        of the responsibility I freely choose to bear.

This is an oath that I freely take
To remind me
         that I am human, an individual, a person
                 and not an Immortal or a monster,
                        as some may see.
I have a responsibility to those:
                        who follows me,
                        who has given their trust to me,
                        who doesn't follow me but make use of the net,
                        who wants to be like me,
                        who has given me my base knowledge
                            in the language usage
                        and to myself.

I AM A BLOGGER.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento