Sabado, Enero 10, 2015

Food Review: 3 New Treats From TGIFridays - Island Breeze Sundae, Pulled Pork Shoulder Slider and JD Beef Brisket Quesadilla


After being "absent" for some months, visiting again my favorite TGI Friday (Greenbelt 3, Makati Philippines) branch before 2014 ends was a treat.  I was initially planning to try their seasonal offering that has bacon on it but as soon as I get to review their new food line-up, I have to try three of their latest offerings:  Island Breeze Sundae, Pulled Pork Shoulder Sliders and Jack Daniel's Beef Brisket Quesadilla.

I love food!  With this 3 offerings, I would say I have a new favorite!

The Pulled Pork Shoulder Slider is served on your typical Friday wood board.  4 sliders dressed with their signature Jack Daniel sauce with fries on the side. The meat was soft and sweet!  The bun was toasted right giving additional texture on each bite.  The sauce enhances the sweetness of the meat making it flavorful.  My only thought, it lacks spice to serve as a counterpoint to the sweetness of the meat.




What I was looking for in the slider, I found it in the Jack Daniel's Beef Brisket Quesadilla. That spice created a good balance to the sweetness offered by the Jack Daniel sauce.  The pita bread was soft with a little toast mark. Topped with some sweet corn kernel and served with a small salad green with lime dressing, this was a light and delightful appetizer.






The Island Breeze Sundae, is breakfast and dessert in one!  You have fruits, cream and taco-like  shell that serve as your cereal.  What makes this a dessert are the cherries and the ice cream component.  Here is a good comparison of the Island Breeze Sundae to that of a breakfast cereal, in terms of components.

Component
Island Breeze Sundae
Breakfast Bowl
Fruit
Mangoes
Banana

Pineapples
Pineapple

Cherries
Strawberries
Cream
Whip Cream
Milk

Ice Cream

Sweetener
Caramel Sauce
Sugar


Honey
Cereal
Taco-like Wanton Shell
Oats


Cornflakes

When you get to break the shell and mix it with the cream, ice cream, caramel sauce and fruit slices, you now have a breakfast like cereal bowl!  A dessert con breakfast in one!

Right now, I still have to taste a few mores new dishes to try but I am perfectly happy with the sundae!  I just love you TGIFridays!


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento